COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION

COPYRIGHTS & PERMISSIONS: All arrangements and tabs in this blog are the original work of the blog owner, unless otherwise noted. They may be downloaded and copied at no charge, only for non-commercial church or home use. All other rights reserved. Ask for permissions-- I intend to be generous. Copyright information for each song is listed in its commentary. Arrangements and tabs of public domain songs are still covered by these copyright restrictions. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I Know That My Redeemer Lives

I know that some of the chord names look odd, but they are not hard to play. C/G simply means, "C, with a G bass." It is played like a normal C chord, but the #6 string is fretted at the third fret, thus giving the chord a G bass note. This gives the chord a fuller sound, and can also be used to bring out the melody, or to simplify transitions to GIII. It's really easy to play if you are playing the C chord as an A barred at the third fret; all you have to do is NOT mute the #6 string! In keeping with my system of notating barre chords with Roman numerals, I call this chord, C/GIII.

Counting the time in this song would be difficult, if you don't know it already. Some of the notes are eighth notes, some are quarter notes, and some are sixteenth notes. I've tried to reduce the confusion a bit by keeping all notes over a word that are played while that word is being sung. (Sung in your head, that is; this is actually a guitar solo.) Sorry if that confuses you. I know several systems for tabbing notes that show the count of each note, and I don't like any of them. At best, they clutter up the tab and make it nearly unreadable; at worst, they are actually misleading. I used to write my tabs as a double staff, like piano music, with the tab on top and classical guitar notation on the bottom. It took way too much time and effort, and people who like tab couldn't read the music anyhow, while those who could read the music didn't need the tab. Futility!

No comments: