COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION

COPYRIGHTS & PERMISSIONS: All arrangements and tabs in this blog are the original work of the blog owner, unless otherwise noted. They may be downloaded and copied at no charge, only for non-commercial church or home use. All other rights reserved. Ask for permissions-- I intend to be generous. Copyright information for each song is listed in its commentary. Arrangements and tabs of public domain songs are still covered by these copyright restrictions. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Comments from beginners

I welcome comments, if they pertain to the music.  I get a lot from beginning guitarists.  If you have a question or comment that's too long or that you don't want to share with everyone, email me HERE.  Here's a response I wrote to Melissa, who asked about the difference between strumming and picking:

IN GENERAL, tabs are for picking, and cheat sheets are for strumming.  To see the difference, check out both links to "Dream a Little Dream of Me",  which I have posted in both forms.  Some of my tabs are arranged for strumming AND picking. They will say at the top of the first page, "Strum all chords."  In other tabs, where some chords are to be picked and others strummed, the strummed chords are indicated by a wiggly line at the left of the chord.  In all cases, though, it is possible to strum any of the chords, whether so marked or not.  All of these tabs are my own arrangements, and I've written them the way I like to play them.  You may have different preferences.

If you just want to accompany singing, by all means, just strum the chords, and disregard the tab.  Usually this will work fine, but sometimes I leave out a chord, when I only need a single note from it, and that note is covered in the tab.  I never mention this, either in the tab or in the posting about the tab, because the songs on this blog are intended for instrumental guitar solos. 

A good source for those who want to accompany singers is the book, Hymns, Simplified, published by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's arranged for easy piano, but also contains guitar chords, with chord charts at the back of the book.

If I had unlimited time, I would add a section of cheat sheets to the blog, but I also have a full-time job, two major callings, and a HUGE family.  If you would like to write cheat sheets for the blog, send me a couple to review!

No comments: