COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION

COPYRIGHTS & PERMISSIONS: All arrangements and tabs in this blog are the original work of the blog owner, unless otherwise noted. They may be downloaded and copied at no charge, only for non-commercial church or home use. All other rights reserved. Ask for permissions-- I intend to be generous. Copyright information for each song is listed in its commentary. Arrangements and tabs of public domain songs are still covered by these copyright restrictions. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Gently Raise the Sacred Strain IITabs

In playing through this piece over and over, I find I want to make a couple of changes. They are not great, so I’m not going to alter the original tabs, but the changes are useful enough to share with my readers. Hence: Gently Raise the Sacred Strain II. Check it out in "The Tabs".

First, the format:  By viewing the page in Landscape mode instead of Portrait, and minimizing the non-tablature parts, it is possible to get the entire tab on one page, which makes it much easier to use for practicing.  I have left out all the chord charts and lyrics, which are not needed for practice, once the piece has been learned. Because nearly all the notes are eighth-notes, I have left out the counting numbers too, except where they are needed for clarity.

I have also made a couple of substantive changes. Measure [18] has a couple of extra notes added, necessitating a brief change to 8/8 time for just that single measure. This does not follow the music as published in Hymns, nor any arrangement of the Tabernacle Choir that I have been able to discover.  But it does sound really nice, which is excuse enough. I have also changed the three-string, pinched chord in measure [22] to a five-string, strummed, GaddD chord, and extended the following two chords to a full six beats each, for the same reason. That's it! Enjoy.

No comments: