COPYRIGHT NOTIFICATION

COPYRIGHTS & PERMISSIONS: All arrangements and tabs in this blog are the original work of the blog owner, unless otherwise noted. They may be downloaded and copied at no charge, only for non-commercial church or home use. All other rights reserved. Ask for permissions-- I intend to be generous. Copyright information for each song is listed in its commentary. Arrangements and tabs of public domain songs are still covered by these copyright restrictions. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Devoted to You

by Felice and Boudleaux Bryant. The Everly Brothers' classic 1958 cover of this song topped the Billboard charts in three categories: Pop, Country, and R&B. This is my tabbed version. The original is NOT in the public domain, but I have not been able to track down any source for sheet music, so I feel justified in publishing my own version. If you know how to contact the copyright owners, let me know.* Please remember, these tabs may be used only for personal, non-commercial performance!

Happy Valentine's Day! This song is dedicated to my wife Barbara, my only and forever valentine. While not specifically LDS, the message of eternal love fits perfectly with the Gospel principle of Eternal marriage. Because the song is not in the public domain, I have included only a few of the lyrics-- just enough to establish where you are in the song. If you don't know the song, lyrics are available from any lyrics website.

The first two measures are introduction only; the verse starts in bar three with, "Darling, you can count on me..." and continues through the refrain. At this point, the music returns to the beginning of the verse, with "Through the years...", etc. At the end of this verse, after the phrase, "Devoted to you," there is a finale consisting of a reprise of the introduction. This is a sweet, delicate song; play it slowly, quietly, and crisply.

The GIII barre chords are necessary to bring out the melody; a regular G chord won't work. Fret them by playing an E barred at the third fret. If you are not familiar with my barre chord notation (GIII, for example), please see the link About the tablature.

* If you are the copyright owner please contact me immediately at d.fallick@hotmail.com or by leaving a comment here, or both. It is not my intention to violate your intellectual property rights. I will remove this post immediately, if you wish.

No comments: